Monday, November 5, 2012

thankful.


As many of you have seen on Facebook....everyone is going around posting things that they are thankful for each day until Thanksgiving, which I really do think is cool. We all spend way to much time complaining and griping about stupid things on there, so putting and seeing all these positive posts   other than our problems and "woe is me" type things is refreshing. 

I have very lightly written somethings that I am thankful for on Facebook. Mostly my thankfulness for No Shave November (making all men look like lumberjacks) and other really silly things. But I seriously am thankful and reflective of many things this Thanksgiving season. 

I won't even try to say that I will blog one everyday until Thanksgiving, because that is just setting myself up for failure... it is not going to happen. But  I may post something when I get a chance and a desire to do so throughout this month. :) 

Like now for instance....

Being at this internship has taught me many things. Even in the 3 months that I've been here. Something I've been reflecting on and thankful for SO much especially in the last month, are my friendships and family. 

First off, I've had some really amazing friends over the years. Many I have taken for granted...or drifted from, but that I still look back on with really great memories; they are relationships I will always cherish. I know that God has brought every single friendship in my life for a reason. Being so far away from my compadres, I've realized what a gift many of my friendships really are. I've been so blessed to meet and befriend some of the most true and genuine people, and not to mention, the best people to hangout with ever. :)  I've started thanking God daily for the many people He has put in my life, and how much of a blessing they are to me. Even though we may not speak frequently or see each other often (i really need to work on my communication/keeping up with people skills), this is me saying how thankful I am for you, and for loving and accepting me and including me throughout the years. 


Next I want to say how thankful I am for my family. If this last year has taught me anything, its to cherish the time you have with the people you love, especially your family, because they won't always be here. Until this year, I couldn't really say I'd lost anyone close to me, but now, sadly, I am pretty familiar with it. There isn't a day that passes that I don't think about and miss my Poppy, my Granddaddy, and my Mama Ruth. I seriously couldn't ask for a better group of grandparents than what God has given me. The three of them and my Mama Jo have all been apart of so many of my best memories that I will be able to cherish forever. One of my goals for this next year, (I know its a little early), is to spend more time with my friends and family, and really cherish the times we have. I have SUCH an amazing family and I've let really petty things and busy-ness keep me from really understanding and enjoying that time that we do get to spend together, we really are blessed. We are full of love and laughter and anytime we get together it really is something special. I have never once questioned if I am loved. My parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and even cousins, have been such amazing examples of Godly relationships and have instilled the importance of my relationship with Jesus and having values and sticking to them, but also loving and accepting others. I am so thankful for the stability they have placed in my life, and yet, all the goofiness and laughter that has been shared throughout the years. I am so thankful for each and everyone of you and wouldn't want to be apart of any other family, ever. 

How is that for a sappy and sentimental thankful post? :) 

PS-Chelsea, we have ZERO pictures together :( Neither do a lot of my texas friends. :(

PSS-sorry for the cheesy photo collages, but blogger makes its super difficult to add photos to a post without it looking messy







1 comment:

  1. you are so precious! i can't wait to see you! we need to skype soon, i wanna hear all about your internship!

    ReplyDelete