Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happy Birthday.



Many of you reading this have had the pleasure of meeting my Mama Ruth, but for those of you that haven't I just thought I would take this post to tell you about her.

Obviously she was beautiful, but as beautiful as she was outwardly, her inward beauty was so much greater. The only thing that exceeded her love for her family and community was her love for God. She loved to care and love on others. I've never felt more loved or more beautiful than when I was with my Mama Ruth. Some of my happiest memories have been at Mama Ruth's house-playing in her makeup, putting on her jewelry, playing in her magical toy cabinet, pretending to own a restaurant out of the kitchen and office, and climbing trees in her backyard. As clean and tidy as her house was, she always let us play and have the best time. She had an infectious smile, and the best sense of humor. She has been the most memorable and perfect example of what a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, teacher, and servant of the Lord should look like. I will cherish the stories she's told me of her childhood and the ones of her and Grandaddy raising my dad and aunt and uncles for the rest of my life, and share them always. 



Happy 85th Birthday Mama Ruth!
I know you are having the best birthday celebration yet :) 





1 comment:

  1. this is so precious hannah! i know exactly where you're coming from, i have the same relationship with my grandma, literally no other relationship can compare! love you!

    ReplyDelete